Friday, June 13, 2008

Guess What???

So I always dreamed of telling my husband I was pregnant. Well such is life and things don't always work out the way you want them to. I didn't have a husband to break the happy news to, but I did have my Mom and Dad. Three days after Debbie's wedding they came back through on their way home. I decided to have some fun.

I went and got two balloons. "Its a Boy" and "Its a Girl". I put them in brown paper bags and waited for their arrival.

When they got in I had them sit on the couch and had them each pick a bag. Mom kept asking why she had to do this and I finally just told her it was an end to the wedding weekend and just to pick one. Once they each had a bag I said, "Ok, open them up. One of you is right and one of you is wrong and pray to God that you both are not right."

Dad got its a Girl and he got it right away. Mom on the other hand just sat and looked at her balloon and wasn't sure what was going on until Dad jumped up and said "It worked??? Really???"

Debbie and Charlie were still on their honeymoon so I sent them a card that said Aunt Debbie and Uncle Charlie- I can't wait to meet you! When they finally got home they gave us a call and told us all about the awful weather they had and the detour places they went to. After they were done I asked if they had gotten the mail yet. Deb, of course with her hatrid of the mail box, had not. I asked her to go get it but she fought me. I told her again that I really wanted her to go get the mail. She finally did and we continued to talk to Charlie. Then in the background you could her yelling give me the phone!! She was very upset that I didn't call her earlier and didn't understand why I waited. Hello.....your on your honeymoon!!!!

So little girl, that is how everyone found out you were going to bless us in 9 months. It was just the way I wanted it to be. It was a surprise to everyone, unique in letting people know, and SO full of happiness.

No comments: