Friday, May 16, 2008

Its All His Fault

I'm sure that I will end up telling Regan how I finally came to the decision to start a family in such a non-traditional way, but I think in order to understand this site I need to set the foundation.

At 37 years old I had come to realization that Mr Right wasn't coming along anytime soon and I wasn't getting any younger. I had started to think a bit more serious about using a donor, but in the back of my mind I was thinking that maybe I wasn't Mommy material. Maybe at this age I had gotten to comfortable in my life style and wouldn't be able or want to change. I had pretty much decided being a Mom just wasn't in my future.

Then life took another turn......

In 2006 I was transfered due to my new job. At the same time a good friend of mine, Anna, was just beginning a divorce. She was contemplating moving back home, but I asked her to consider moving to my city and getting her old job back. She was a bit reluctant since she had a 8 month old son, Noah. I said, "Yes,I know you have a son, I was there to meet him a week after he was born. I understand he would move in also, so think about it." When I went through my divorce, my Aunt let me move in with her and it was one of the best things to help me get back on my feet again. I thought of this as a "Pay it forward" thing. I was helped through my divorce, now I had the opportunity to help someone else out.

Three weeks later she decided to take me up on my offer and
they moved in to my place in December. That was the beginning
of the end.


That little boy is the best thing to come into my life in a very very long time. Within 6 weeks I knew that I wanted my own family. I wanted a baby who was as sweet as Noah.

By February I had found a reputable cyrobank and had found a healthy donor. After fertility testing to determine I could have a baby, I began the process to get pregnant. My first attempt in March 07 did not work but my second attempt in May did..... and that is another story.

No comments: